Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Food & Bucket List


LOVE fall season with the trees changing, football games, sweatshirts, excitement for upcoming holidays and might I add, it's the season for "centering".  Centering or (soul searching) means "to enter the heart" and involves deep reflection of one's "real self" to find who we are and what our purpose is in life.  

This Post will include::      -My fall bucket list
                                       -three recipes (two with pumpkin)
                                       -20 minute workout anyone can do
                                       -New Contest Information! 

I get to drive down this road every day going to and from work/school to my apartment! Love the nature and seeing deer (luckily haven't hit one!) 


I have been coming up with ideas in my head listing all of the things I would love to do this fall.. what's better than making a bucket list and sharing my ideas with everyone else!


Spray painted my pumpkin Gold! Love it :) Just needs glitter and it would have my name written all over it! 


Here are a few healthy recipes to try involving pumpkin :)

Pumpkin Bars (Healthy & Gluten Free)
-1/2 cup brown rice flour (or regular to make non-gluten free)
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1 egg white
-2 TBSP ground flax meal
-2 TBSP brown sugar
-2 TBSP agave nectar
-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
-2 TBSP vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
-2 TBSP unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
-1 tsp vanilla extract

**Preheat and bake at 350 degrees, spread in an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and cook for 14-16 minutes :)
**About 80 calories per serving (serves 8)

SINGLE Serving Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Again, healthy & Gluten Free)
-3 TBSP Brown rice flour (or choice of flour)
-1 TBSP canned pumpkin (Sweet potato or applesauce can be substituted for the pumpkin)
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 TBSP chocolate chips
-1 TBSP of brown sugar or agave nectar
-1 1/2 TBSP vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract

**Frosting (Optional)  I just mixed:
-1 TBSP vanilla greek yogurt
-1 TBSP almond milk
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
 & put in the freezer for 20 minutes :)

**Preheat and bake at 330 degrees for 15 minutes in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
**About 125 calories per serving with "frosting"

Here is the end result :) One with the "Frosting" and one without! both are good! 

This is just a simple and healthy salad:: Spinach leaves with 1TBSP honey Dijon mustard, bacon bits, 3 oz grilled chicken and 1/4 cup peas! yumm :) 
Tis' the season for football, warm clothes, tailgating and friends! Showing my school spirit and supporting our football team full of stud athletes :)
My First and not last fall tailgating and football game :) Grand View Homecoming! 

WorK it OuT
My workout partner and I dominated our tough Monday workout.. consisted of 3 Sets x 8 Reps of six different bicep and back lifts and together, we had to complete 400 box jumps, 200 single leg box jumps (each leg) and 1000 jump ropes! & Yes, it was a success! We ended it with a fun photo shoot and my polar watch showing the calories burnt in only 90 minutes!

PUSH YOURSELF! Find new limits and OVERCOME them!! Only have positive thoughts and get rid of ALL bad thoughts!! NEVER talk down on yourself! *Try kick boxing for a high intensity change up :)


20 Minute workout:: Do each of the following as fast as you can, as many as you can for one whole minute

-Jumping Jacks                             -Push ups (girls can be modified)
-Crunches                                      -Box jumps/stair jumps/towel jumps
-Plank                                             -Mountain climbers
-Side plank (30 each side)          -Bicycles with straight legs 6 inches from ground
-Body squat jumps (or add wt.)   -Jump split lunges (switch legs in air)
**Rest one minute and repeat 1-2 more times! 

[Need help losing weight, gaining energy, increasing your workouts or just feeling better overall? Check out my advocare page and you might find something that works perfect for you! -I recommend the 24 day challenge, spark energy, post workout recovery or catalyst!]

www.advocare.com/12103005  If you have any questions, just ask me.. You may order from my page on the site or just ask me and I will put in a larger order so it's cheaper shipping :)

Contest Information: Send a picture to my email of something healthy or fall related such as a workout picture, pumpkins, halloween, a recipe you love, or anything related to my blog posts.. be creative. I will select one picture to feature on my next blog and everyone who enters a picture will be in the running to win a prize :) 
*I will start having a contest each time I post a blog and there will be a new winner on the 1st of every month! 

Send away:: Ce.Lawson08@gmail.com 

And my Bailey girl poses perfectly for the camera allowing me to capture the pumpkins and fall leaves in the background :)  HAPPY October, Everyone! 


Question to think about:: What is one thing you could change about your diet and what steps do you need to take to get there? What is holding you back? 

Challenge::  Carve or decorate a pumpkin this weekend, it's fun to be creative once in a while! :)

Quote of the day:: Today will never come again, Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care.  Let your words heal, and not wound. 


XoXo 


No comments:

Post a Comment