Sunday, March 9, 2014

108-Calorie Pesto Pasta!

What is better than a filling serving of 108 Calorie pasta? It's  extremely easy to make AND you have room for guilt-free bread too!

My Saturday night consisted of painting my nails and trying out an experimental dinner to satisfy my cravings.. which ended up far more successful than I had imagined!  Lucky for you, I will share my recipe!  Just wait until you hear the macronutrients (Carbs, Fats & Protein) which are shown at the end!

Finished Product ~20 minutes
Ingredients:
  • Medium sized zucchini
  • 3 grape tomatoes
  • 1.5 oz. fresh mushroom
  • 2oz 99% lean ground turkey
  • 1 serving of packaged pesto mix
  • 2 slices of bread (I used 100% whole wheat Sara Lee Soft & Smooth)
  • 1/4 cup (28g) Fat free cheddar cheese
  • Cilantro
  • jalapeño Cheddar sprinkles
  • Garlic powder
  • Butter spray
  • Pepper
  • Sea salt
INGREDIENTS

STEPS:
  1. Preheat oven to 360 for bread, get baking sheet ready
  2. Grate the Zucchini (I ended up using about half of my zucchini because it's hard to grate without cutting yourself, I will use two next time!)
  3. Sautee Zucchini with a pinch of sea salt, some black pepper and garlic & Set aside
  4. Spray bread with butter spray, sprinkle with garlic and top with cheese and jalapeño sprinkles
  5. Add 1/3 pack of pesto mix to 1/2 cup water, bring to boil
  6. Chop mushroom and tomatoes
  7. Throw bread in oven (about 7-9 minutes)
  8. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, cooked ground turkey to Pesto
  9. Plate the zucchini, top with pesto mixture, side of garlic bread & garnish with cilantro!
  10. ENJOY! :)

I ALWAYS Weigh my food!
Butter Spray I use



Calories for the Pasta: 108
Fat: .9g
Carb: 8.9g
Protein: 16.4g
 
Calories for entire meal: 282.6
Fat: 2.8g
Carb: 32.9g
Protein: 31.4g


Tag me in a photo if you try this out! Let me know what you think :)

















Maybelline Polish I used on my nails!  View all of the colors HERE


I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend, I had a relaxing Sunday with Justin and now we are getting ready to watch the best show ever- The Walking Dead!


XoXo, Chelsea


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this this week i will post, result!!! :-) love this, blog!!!~shanna~

    ReplyDelete