Monday, March 17, 2014

Chocolate Maple PB Cups

Happy St. Patties Day! Hope you're all wearing GREEN! 


Who doesn't love Peanut butter cups? But we all know they are not the healthiest for you.  I had been wanting to create my own recipe to make a healthy version so I finally gave it a try!  Anyone can have them, as long as you fit them into your daily macros (carbs, fats and protein).



This was my first experiment so it's a work in progress but they turned out amazing so I thought I'd share :)  The recipe makes 19 and they are only ~53 calories each!

You will need:
-Mini muffin tin
-Mini muffin cups
-2T Peanut butter (I used Smuckers natural creamy)
-2 Scoop/40g Protein Powder (I used Micellar Creme Vanilla)
-7T Dark Chocolate chips (I used Hersheys special dark)
-2T Better n' butter peanut butter
-2T Walden farms maple syrup
-Sea Salt (*Optional)


Process: 

  1. Line the muffin tin with cups
  2. Have 1/2 protein powder mixed and ready
  3. Melt 1/2 dark chocolate
  4. Mix chocolate and protein powder
  5. Drop into cups filling 1/4
  6. Put in freezer for 10 min
  7. Mix Peanut butter, better n' butter, maple syrup
  8. Melt and mix other half of protein and chocolate
  9. Drop Peanut butter mix into each cup
  10. Pour the rest of the Chocolate and Protein mix on top of cups filling 3/4 full
  11. Sprinkle Sea salt on top (*Optional)
  12. Put in freezer for 20 minutes
  13. ENJOY and share if you wish! :) 

**I keep mine in the freezer, make sure to take it out for a minute before eating so the lining doesn't stick to the chocolate when unwrapping!



Nutrition Info:
19 Servings
53 Calories
2.6g Fat
4.9g Carb
2.9g Protein










Tag me in a photo if you decide to try these or any other recipe of mine! :)



XoXo,

Chelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment