Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Discovering my Love for Fitness

How did I become so into fitness? 

 

 It was almost two years ago when I first started getting into fitness.  In reality, I was trying to find who I am supposed to be. (Still trying to, I think it is an ongoing process!)  After many years of people telling me "You're too skinny", "You're weak", "You aren't strong enough for that", I wanted to prove so many people wrong as well as the thoughts in my head.  This is what made me turn to fitness and lifting.  I did a TON of research to find out if this is something I would really like to put all of my time and effort into.  I researched trainers, diets, competitions, all of the costs (bikini, tan, registration, travel, supplements, posing lessons), lastly, went to a couple of local competitions to experience it from the crowd.. I knew right away I wanted to work my butt off to get on stage!

Since my beginning two years ago, I have competed in two Bikini division body building competitions (which I NEVER thought I could do!) I placed 2nd in both which I was absolutely thrilled! 

I'm still a beginner but I can tell you I love the process and seeing different transformations throughout the year.  There have been many struggles such as gaining weight from binging after my competitions (I had no idea what I was doing.. I was on such a low calorie & strict diet throughout prep so I craved everything imaginable!) but I love where I am now. 

Currently, I am training with Team Gorman, my prep coach is Leslie Franklin and I love my new team!  I am using IIFYM (If it fits your macros) which I will cover more about in a future post.  I do want to say my prep is going great and I am staying sane this time! :)

Follow my journey as I am 9.5 weeks out from my first competition of 2014 in Des Moines at the Hoyt Sherman!


Thanks for viewing, I am just getting this back up and running and can't wait to share all of my ideas and experiences with each of you!



XoXo, Chelsea




www.advocare.com/12103005
ChelseaLawson.Scentsy.US


3 comments:

  1. When you say you are staying "sane" this time, what does that mean? Did you have a bad experience the last time? If so, what was bad? And what is the difference this time around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My experience last time was exactly bad- I just had so many restrictions it wasn't healthy. Being so restricted on competition diets can easily lead to eating disorders.

      Delete